What is the project?
The Bradner – Mt. Lehman Neighbourhood (BMLN) Research Project is a new initiative started in the summer of 2019. The Fraser Valley Conservancy has been funded by the Vancouver Foundation “Systems Change” grant to investigate the systems impacting environmental protection in the BMLN. These include political, economic, sociological, and ecological systems. In order to understand how the BMLN community views the environment, and what they would like to see in the future, we are starting with collecting information using surveys and interviews from the public.
What makes a Vancouver Foundation Systems Change grant different from one of our typical outreach projects is the underlying goal of community-based and community-driven goals, working with the people based on their interests and goals in order to achieve environmental protection in this unique and sensitive area.
This project is supported by the City of Abbotsford.
Where is the Bradner – Mt. Lehman neighbourhood?
How can I participate?
- Fill out the online survey
- Follow https://fraservalleyconservancy.ca/category/bmln-project for updates
- Are you part of a local community group? A non-profit? A concerned citizen? An environmentally-conscious local business?
- Your input is needed to help direct the future of this project! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get involved in community meetings and groups
- Sign up for Let’s Talk Abbotsford to share your opinions on projects and planning in Abbotsford