« All Events
Horn Creek Park Invasive Species Removal
Aug 13, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- We’re looking for energetic volunteers to help us with the restoration of Horn Creek Park in Abbotsford.
- This will involve removing some invasive morning glory and blackberry.
Why It’s Helpful
- Abbotsford’s Horn Creek Park is home to a multitude of wildlife. You will be helping keep the park in top condition for the wildlife that calls the area home.
- The fight against invasive plant species is ongoing. Keeping these invasives controlled will help recent plantings to thrive and make it a beautiful space.
- Digging and pulling up morning glory with shovels, pickaxes, and by hand.
- Cutting back blackberry stems with pruners.
- Be prepared to spend the time outdoors in the heat with minimal seating options.
- Be prepared to manually remove morning glory and blackberry.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing and sturdy footwear (hiking boots recommended, the ground is uneven in some parts) and work gloves.
- Bring your own refillable water bottle.
- All training required will be provided on the day of.
- All tools will be provided including shovels, pickaxes, and pruners.
- If you’re able to, bring your own gloves, otherwise, gloves will be provided.
- Dress appropriately for hot weather.
- First aid kit and water are available at the event.
- Outdoors at Horn Creek Park.
- There are no shelter or bathroom facilities on site.
- Horn Creek Park, Abbotsford, BC.
- The exact meeting location will be provided once registered.
- Saturday, August 13th, 2022
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- RAIN OR SHINE
Please ensure that all people attending are registered separately.
If you click the “Sign Up” button below and receive a “form has been deactivated” notification, we have reached the maximum number of volunteers for this event.
Please only register if you know you will be able to attend.