*The Toads on the Road Betting Pool is now closed!
Winner(s) will be contacted on August 10th by phone or email. Come back next year to try again!*
Every year at Ryder Lake, tiny little juvenile Western Toads (toadlets) migrate by the thousands from their breeding pond where they spend their lives as tadpoles, to their forest habitat where they spend their lives as adults. In the middle of this migration is a road.
We’re trying to raise awareness about this toadlet migration so that more people will choose the optional detour route, allowing the tiny toads to cross the road safely.
To make it fun, we turned it into a betting pool. If you think you know what date the toadlets will start migrating across the road, you could win $100!
How It Works:
We’ve been tracking the toadlet migration for 10 years, so we know they’re more likely to start crossing the road on some dates than others. Based on the data we collect each year, we know they will start crossing the road some time between June 11th and August 10th 2018. You can place your bet for this year’s migration start date on any of the days in between!
Take a look at our betting calendar below to choose the date you want to bet on.
In order to place a bet, you have to buy a toad ticket. Each toad ticket costs $2.00. One ticket = one bet.
The winner takes home $100.00!
*The Toads on the Road betting pool closes when the toadlets start crossing the road. Winners will be notified by phone or email on August 10th, 2018.
Toads on the Road Betting Calendar
Placing Your Bet:
1. Check the betting calendar above, and pick 1 or more of the dates between June 10th and August 10th that you think will be the day the toadlets start crossing the road!
2. In order to place a bet, you have to BUY A TOADS ON THE ROAD EVENT TICKET! Each toad ticket costs $2.00. You can buy as many tickets as you like. One toad ticket = one bet.
3. There are no restrictions on the number of people who can place their bet on a single date. In the case that there are multiple bidders on the winning date, a there will be a draw among those bidders for the winner of the $100 prize.
4. You can choose to bet multiple times on one date to increase your chances of winning in the event of a date draw!
5. Check our Facebook Page for regular updates on the progress of this year’s toadlet migration.
*The Toads on the Road betting pool closes when the toadlets start crossing the road. To determine the winner, when the migration is complete we will be checking our official ‘toad-cam’ placed in the Ryder Lake Toad tunnel. The prize winner will be announced on August 10th.
BC Gaming Licence Number: 106823