Volunteer: Vedder River Clean-up
December 16, 2021
- Join us to recognize BC Rivers Day by participating in the River Clean-up hosted by the Chilliwack/Vedder River Clean-Up Society. They do a fantastic job every year coordinating this giant garbage pick-up to keep our rivers clean.
- We are looking for volunteers to help us pick up garbage along our adopted section of the Chilliwack river – a beautiful area downstream of the Tamahi Bridge.
Why it’s Helpful
- The river sees a lot of use over the Spring and Summer months and the garbage left behind can impact both the local fish habitat, as well as be carried out to the ocean when the fall rains arrive. By picking up litter, you are helping animals who live there and ensuring that future generations can enjoy the river as well.
- Pick up litter along our adopted section of the river.
- Larger items are carried to the road to be picked up by a vehicle.
- Be prepared to spend the morning outdoors with minimal seating options, rain or shine.
- Be able to navigate a river shoreline that is gravelly and climb over logs.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing & sturdy footwear (hiking boots are recommended).
- Bring your own snacks and water.
- Bring your mask (mandatory) to wear for check-in and when less than 2 meters apart from people.
- If you’re able to, bring your own gloves.
- Disposable gloves, trash bags and tools for litter pick-up will be provided.
- Training is N/A.
- Chilliwack Fish and Games Club (48685 Chilliwack Lake Road).
- Event Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2021 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (at the latest)
- Last day to register is Thursday, September 23rd at Noon.
Thank you for your interest in joining the river clean-up!