Come join us for Salmon in the City in Mission!
Get exclusive access to this property protected by the FVC
Learn from speakers about the stream and salmon who spawn here
Spend a day with other nature enthusiasts and help improve the habitat
What we Will be Doing:
- We’re looking for energetic volunteers to help us clean up and maintain our Windebank Creek property in Mission.
- This will involve invasive plant removal and some garbage clean up.
- We will also be planting some willow stakes and dogwood stakes.
- We will have pizza for lunch while listening to our guest speakers.
Why it’s Helpful:
- Creating a healthy tree canopy along Windebank Creek in Mission, leads to a healthier stream for salmon to spawn in.
- This stewardship will help create habitat for local wildlife who also use the area.
- If you’re able to, bring your own gloves and pruning shears, otherwise, they will be provided.
- Invasive plant removal and garbage clean up training will be provided on site at the beginning of the day.
- Shovels and training for willow staking will be provided.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and closed-toed footwear.
- Forested outdoors around a creek.
- Windebank Creek, Mission, BC.
- We will be meeting at the west end of Logan Avenue, Mission (next to Embers BBQ House). Parking available along Logan Ave. and nearby parking lots.
- Saturday November 5th, 2022
- 9:00AM – 1:00PM
- RAIN OR SHINE
- Pizza lunch provided
- Please bring your own re-usable drink container – coffee and water will be available
You’re not required to register for this event, just drop in on the day, the more the merrier!